Find a post!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Limited Edition - Axe's Anarchy for Her

Happy Thursday readers! It's almost the weekend and I know I can't wait.  With the madness of exams and assignments over, I feel like I can finally breathe.  For those readers who are still writing their last few exams or assignments, I wish you good luck!  Sometimes it can be hard to find motivation in these last few weeks but dig deep and you'll find the needed motivation.  For me, I normally reward myself with a mani or pedi after an exam or assignment so today I'm talking about something quite unique that I found for a very reasonable price.

 When I was at the grocery store last week I found an end display of Axe.  Now normally I don't like Axe because it's such a strong smell, but this one intrigued me because it's their first scent for women in Canada and the scratch and sniff sticker actually smelled quite light and fruity.  What really sold me was the fact that it came with a hot pink crackle nail polish.  So, for around 6 dollars, I picked up this body spray and nail polish.


For this manicure, I used my normal base coat, two coats of Essie's over the edge, and one coat of Axe's Anarchy for Her.  In terms of application, this crackle goes on very smoothly but I found that sometimes it crackled too little in and too much in other areas.  I also found that the vibrancy of the pink faded once on the nail.  To make this polish less dull, I applied two coats of regular top coat and one coat of fast dry top coat.  I found that this really brought out the pop of colour.  I think that this polish would look excellent over top of lighter colours because the lighter colours wouldn't drown out the pink as much as the charcoal did.

In terms of the body spray, I have no complaints.  According to the Axe website, its a feminine mix of fruit (apple and blackberry) with soft florals and a light finish of sandalwood, amber, and vanilla.  (http://www.axe.ca/#/axe-products/anarchy-her-bodyspray)  Though I may not be a perfume connoisseur, I loved how this spray wasn't overwhelming and lasted for a long time.

Overall, I'm glad that I bought this package because of the body spray.  I think with time this crackle will grow on me and I will learn to love it.

Have you tried this crackle? How do you think it compares to other crackle polishes?

Happy polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment