Find a post!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Essie Resort Collection 2012 - Pink-A-Boo

Happy hump day readers! We're half way through this week.  Well, it finally looks like the weather has broken here and we're starting to see some sun. Yay! Anyways, this past weekend I did my usual rounds to my favourite beauty stores to see if anyone had any new nail polishes.  Well, I got a little off track and ended up at Winners.  This ended up being a very good thing for my nail polish collection.  I found a little package that held great potential.  As I've said before, Essie's Resort Collections have always been big hits with me.  Well, surprisingly I hadn't picked up any of the colours from the 2012 collection.  When I was going through the beauty section in Winners, I found a perfect little gem.



The mini Essie Resort Collection cube was for sale for $11.99.  This was such a good deal, especially in Canada.  With that said, I just had to pick it up.


 This cute little set came with the four polishes from the collection.  Sure shot is a glistening magenta, she's picture perfect is an iridescent lilac, pink-a-boo is a micro-glitter sheer pink, and no more film is a rich violet creme.  These colours have incredible depth and are definitely going to become fast favourites.



Okay, so I'm going to switch things up a little bit.  For the next three days, I've going to feature a different polish from this collection.  To begin, today I'm featuring pink-a-boo.

Pink-a-boo is a somewhat sheer baby pink with iridescent micro-glitter.  Honestly, in the box this polish was just another pink but once I took it out of the box, I was taken aback by how pretty it was.  The glitter within this polish is a mix of blue and pink, which is very unique.  The picture really didn't pick up the glitter which was quite a disappointment.  In order to make this polish opaque, I used three coats.  The consistency of pink-a-boo was perfect and the application was wonderful.  I think layering this polish overtop of a white would really make the colour pop.


Overall, this polish is definitely a keeper.  I love the subtle shimmer and the way it applies.  If you are looking for new pale pink for the summer, this one is a great choice.  Let me know what you think! Will you be picking this colour up? Have you tried layering overtop of other colours? If so, which ones!

Keep those fingers polished!

1 comment:

  1. This one's gorgeous! There are so many pinks out there, and they're not my favorites, but I really want a nice, pretty pale pink. Maybe this is it :)

    ReplyDelete