Find a post!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Mani Monday - China Glaze Prism

Hi readers! Hope this brightens up your Monday morning.  This weekend I made a trip to my local Sally Beauty and picked up some neat polishes that I'll bring showing you this week.  First off, I just wanted to let you guys know that they are still having their buy two get one free sale so it's a perfect time to pick up a few new polishes.

So this weekend, I picked up China Glaze's Prism.  Prism is from the Prismatic Chroma Glitter collection (Spring 2012). As a glitter addict, this was a must have.  I thought that it had the greatest variety of colours compared to the other polishes in this collection.   This polish is a solid mix of ultra-fine purple-pink glitters along with larger hexagonal multi-coloured glitter pieces.  I was truly impressed with how densely packed this glitter polish is.  For the pictures, I used two coats of Zoya's Sadie and then two coats of China Glaze's Prism.

Throughout the application I was impressed with how it went on.  It naturally dispersed the glitter evenly and it only took two coats to get superb coverage.  Prism does require two good coats of top coat to get a nice smooth finish (I'm really finicky with finishes so I always use two coats of top coat on top of my glitters).  In order to make removal easier, soak a cotton ball in acetone, place it on top of the nail, and wrap the nail with tin foil.  Let this sit for a good 5 minutes and it will make removal a breeze.

Honestly, I really like now this polish turned out though it is hard to capture the duo-chromatic properties of this polish through pictures.

Let me know what you think! Have you fallen in love with glitter polishes? What is your favourite glitter>

Keep on polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment