Find a post!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wild Wednesday - Jumping Dolphins

Hey guys! I hope that your Wednesday is going well.  I'm so excited for today's Wild Wednesday so lets just jump straight to it!

Photo courtesy of National Geographic.
 Okay, so today's Wild Wednesday is featuring the bottlenose dolphin thanks to the suggestion of www.BigDaddyBeauty.com.  These curious and friendly creatures are being threatened by careless fishing practices that cause dolphins to become entangled in the nets.  Dolphins travel in social groups known as pods and can jump as high as sixteen feet high.  Dolphins range from 10 to 14 feet in length and can live for 45 to 50 years.

So for this manicure, I thought I would recreate the bright blue sparkling waters that the bottlenose dolphin inhabits by creating a jelly sandwich.   For this jelly sandwich, I used two coats of Nicole by OPI Nothing Kim-pears to Blue, one coat of Nicole by OPI Make U Smile, and then a final coat of Nothing Kim-pears to Blue.   I love how this captured the brilliance of the Caribbean Sea.  




In order to create the dolphin, I used Essie's over the edge.  I free handed the dolphin and used a dotting tool to create the perfect eye.  Overall, I think it really captures the look of a dolphin jumping out of the water.

If you love animals and the planet as much as I do and would like to join the Wild Wednesday movement, feel free to message me and I will add a link to your blog on my Wednesday posts.  Otherwise, if you have an animal that you would love to see featured, let me know by commenting on this post or tweeting me @ChippedNailBlog!

Keep those fingers pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment