Find a post!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

NOTD - OPI Nothin' Mouse About It

Hi readers! I hope that you guys are having a wonderful Wednesday.  Work is finally picking up and getting quite busy.  With all this nice weather, people are travelling and going to cottages and leaving us with their dogs.  I hope that you guys get to enjoy this nice weather and enjoy relaxing in the sun.
So for today's nail of the day I'm going to talk about OPI's new Vintage Minnie Mouse collection.  I picked up Nothin' Mouse About It because I thought it was the only truly unique polish from the collection.  With that said, it is clearly meant to be layered so I tried it over a bunch of polishes to see how it would turn out.  I feel like the light pink heart-shaped glitter gets lost on both OPI's Your Web or Mine and NOPI's I Stop For Nicole.  I like how different it looks overtop of Essie's over the edge.  My top three base colour picks would be Essie's Fiji (light pink), Essie's secret story (bright pink), and Essie's e-nuf is e-nuf (bright coral).
 OPI's Nothin' Mouse About It is a sheer pink shimmer topped off with cute little pink glitter hearts.  As a self-confessed glitter lover, I must say this polish looked magical in the bottle.  I must admit, I was a little disappointed with how the hearts were distributed throughout the bottle.  Sometimes you would get five hearts on the brush while other times you wouldn't get any.  This is why I chose to do a cute design with the hearts for the final mani.  The glitter base itself was very smooth and easy to apply, I just wish that the hearts were more evenly distributed.

Overall, I would recommend picking up Nothin' Mouse About It because of the nostalgia factor and the awesome shimmer.  I think this polish will be great around Valentines day and whenever the mood is romantic.  This will be a mani that I won't want to take off.

Keep those fingers pretty!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like it took a TON of patience, but it looks absolutely adorable! I hear ya about fishing for glitter. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I just took a dotting tool and used it to grab the hearts of the polish brush. But I'm glad it looks like it took a ton of patients :P

      Delete